Take the leap forward!
The Diploma in Spanish (DELE) level B1 accredits language users’ capacity to:
- Understand the gist of clear texts, in standard language, if they involve well-known topics related to work, studies or leisure.
- Deal with most of the situations that may arise during a trip to where the language is used.
- Produce simple, coherent texts about well-known topics or issues of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, wishes and hopes, as well as briefly justify opinions or explain plans.
The level B1 examination has four parts:
- Group 1
- Reading comprehension test (70 min)
- Written expression and interaction test (60 min)
- Group 2
- Listening comprehension test (40 min)
- Oral expression and interaction test (15 min + 15 min to prepare)
The final grade is either PASS or FAIL. To obtain a diploma you must get a minimum of 60 points out of 100 in the examination, provided that you get at least 30 points out of 50 in each group of tests.
IMPORTANT: In the writing test, you must strictly follow the instructions given in the heading of the test regarding the number of words and text format.
Sample examination papers can be accessed (in PDF) at the following website: